We provide tailored support to strengthen your social enterprise, increase your impact and grow your revenue.
What does Growth Services offer?
Growth Services helps ambitious social enterprises grow.
Our venture managers provide coaching and advice in core social enterprise areas such as strategy, business development, impact and measurement. We start with a free one-hour clinic for operating enterprises.
How do you access a free clinic?
- Clinics are run weekly in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch and we can offer them by phone. Find out if you qualify below.
- At a clinic, we’ll explore your current situation, goals and challenges, and brainstorm solutions and next steps.
What’s the next stage of Growth Services support?
- Based on your progress, your team, your potential business and impact model, you may be offered a longer-term support package.
- We also facilitate access to external support through our Compass Network– a national network of pro bono legal, finance, marketing, design and other expertise.
A Growth Services supoprt package is flexible to meet your needs and structured around key milestones to encourage accountability for action and progress.
Please express your interest in Growth Services through this registration form.
Who is Growth Services for?
The Growth Services programme is suitable for a range of different types of social enterprises operating at various stages – from early to well advanced. We are keen to work with those that:
- Has a clear social or environmental mission,
- Is operating and has customers, or has carried out a pilot, and
- Is looking to grow.
What if I’m just getting started?
Helping Yellow Belle Shine
Yellow Belle is a retail chain selling women’s second hand designer clothing and recycled goods to raise funds for Women’s Refuge and further its mission to help women and children at risk of violence in the home.
Through Growth Services, Yellow Belle is receiving strategic support and commercial insight to help develop and strengthen its business model to more effectively reach its target customers throughout New Zealand. Yellow Belle is also being assisted to establish an advisory board to support its business objectives. Recently, Ākina ran a workshop with the Yellow Belle team to identify the key purpose of its advisory board, its potential members, determine how to recruit them, and how the advisory board should function effectively.