Work with us
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
General Manager, Operations: download the job description
- Based in Wellington, full time
- Apply by Monday 15 January 2018 with your cover letter and CV here
People Experience Manager: download the job description
- Based in Wellington or Auckland, 20 hours per week
- Apply by Monday 15 January 2018 with your cover letter and CV:
Programme Manager (Tairāwhiti): download the job description
- Based in Gisborne, 3 days per week
- Apply by Friday 5 January 2018 with your cover letter and CV here
About the Ākina Foundation
Ākina has a vision of a sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive New Zealand, and world. To achieve this, we are in service to the social enterprise sector, which exists to create an economy that benefits the environment and enables people to thrive.
Our mission is to create the conditions for social enterprise to succeed. We do this by:
- Co-convening, supporting & growing the social enterprise sector by:
- Supporting social enterprises to grow their impact
- Developing market opportunities for social enterprise
- Enabling access to capital for impact.
- Advancing purpose and impact in New Zealand and beyond by:
- Collaborating with international expertise and knowledge communities
- Working other sectors in new ways
- Supporting sector development in the wider Asia/Pacific region.
When joining the Ākina whānau, you also join a community committed to:
He Tangata – People: At Ākina, everything we do is about people. Social enterprises serve people and/or the environment that sustains people.
We also care for our own people, offering flexible working hours, generous annual leave, and family-friendly policies that allow each of our team to work in a way that is appropriate for their individual situation.
Learning: Our strategic plan centres around what we need to learn at various stages of our work, and we encourage staff learning and development in two specific ways:
- All of our programmes undertake developmental evaluation, whereby we seek to learn from current work in order to improve future work.
- We operate an ongoing ‘learning club’ which operates as a project that staff can rotate into for a specific time period, allowing them dedicated time to learn about a topic of interest and value for Ākina. We encourage reflective journaling through this process and an informal presentation of learning at regular whole-team retreats.
Bold action: This represents a fearlessness in our approach, confidently exploring the unknown in pursuit of better. We will make mistakes – we’re human! We foster an environment where it is ok if you fail sometimes. The important thing is to learn from it, and quickly move on in a better direction.
About the team
By working at Ākina, you join a team of passionate people wanting to grow social enterprise across the country. We are diverse in our backgrounds and our fields of expertise, but our passion for service to social enterprise is what makes us a team.
We have approximately 23 staff, working anywhere from full time down to a few hours each week, and we have offices in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch. We also have people based in Tauranga and Dunedin, and very soon we will also be in Tairāwhiti (Gisborne).
If you share our values and can get behind our mission, we want to hear from you!