There are several ways you can support the Ākina Foundation:
We love working with other organisations to help us achieve our goals and contribute to theirs. Our current partners include the Department of Internal Affairs, Foundation North, the New Zealand Post Group, and Macquarie.
2. Compass Network
We work with a growing number of organisations and individuals across New Zealand who support our ventures with their time and expertise. Find out more about the Compass Network and see if it sounds like a good fit for you or your organisation.
3. Ākina Angels
Ākina Angels are individuals who support our work and believe in our ability to grow social enterprise across New Zealand. The benefits of becoming an Angel include:
- supporting a progressive organisation in a developing sector within New Zealand
- the opportunity to mentor and coach some of the country’s most talented social entrepreneurs
- potential investment opportunities as our ventures approach graduation from our incubator
- access to networking opportunities with other supporters and partners
- access to events and international guests hosted by Ākina
- recognition (to your comfort level) within our marketing materials
- charitable tax exemption
If you’d like to discuss becoming a Ākina Angel, please contact Rachel for more information.
4. Regular or one-off donations
Supporting Ākina via a regular donation will help us to manage our operating costs – salaries, travel and spaces for our staff and volunteers to work from.
You can donate directly to our bank account: Kiwibank, The Ākina Foundation, 38 9012 0550086 00
If you’d like to know more, please get in touch.
Why not speak to your workplace about including Ākina on your payroll giving scheme? Payroll giving enables employees to make donations directly from their salary or wages to a nominated organisation. Donations made via payroll are eligible for an immediate tax credit. You can find more information on the IRD website. You’ll also need our Charities Commission Registration Number: CC27868.
You can also make a one-off gift to us via our Givealittle page or directly to our bank account.
If you would like to find out more about working with us, please contact Rachel, our Partnership and Development Director.